We aim to create effective partnerships with the local church and wider community and one of the ways we do this is through church partnerships. For each church partnership, we hire a part-time youth worker who is managed and offered support by YMCA to develop the youth work in your community.
This dedicated youth worker works alongside the church to increase opportunities for young people on a weekly basis, whatever this may look like in your community. The YMCA takes responsibility for overall management and reports directly to the Minister and management team.
The benefits of such a partnership are:
- YMCA is the leading Christian youthwork organisation in the world.
- The part-time worker has access to a wealth of resources.
- The part-time worker is managed by a senior member of YMCA team.
- YMCA holds responsibility for staffing contractual arrangements.
- The part-time worker has a minimum of two years’ experience in youth work.
- The part-time worker has support of colleagues in the youth work field.
Craigie & Moncreiffe Parish Church
Comrie Parish Church
Perth Methodist Church
Perth Congregational Church
Kinnoull Parish Church